Friday, October 21, 2011

A 3-hour study

This study is from last Saturday's "Art In The Making", which is an annual event in Coeur D'Alene. 12-15 artists get together and paint, draw and sculpt from live models in the Coeur D'Alene plaza. People come, watch and ask questions... The night before, I had a solo show opening at The Art Spirit Gallery. Instead of giving a demo at the gallery on Saturday after the opening, I opted for Art In The Making. Less scary when you have a dozen great artists around doing the same thing :) For someone like me, who is so used to the solitude of the studio, it's still rather intimidating. Also, I'm not an alla prima painter, and this is certainly out of my comfort zone... But we had a great model, and I'm quite pleased with the result. I'll let it dry and then probably go over and finish it sometime.